bizarre memory leak in IISx
Author Message
 bizarre memory leak in IISx

I have a nice little memory leak that I originally found in NT4/IIS4
(mtx.exe), didn't happen for about 2 days after trying it on a new 2000/IIS5
server (dllhost.exe), and then came back. The most simple example I can get
going is this (in asp jscript):

 for (var i=0; i<1000; i++) {
  var a = new Array(1,2,3);
  Response.Write('a: '+a.toString()+'<BR>\n');
  delete a[0];
  delete a[1];
  delete a[2];
  delete a;
 }

which leaks 2 meg (!) every time it runs (but didnt leak at all on the
original install of 2000/IIS5). The only thing I can think of that has
caused this to reappear on IIS5 is installing Scripting Engine 5.5
(jscript/VBScript/wsh), but I can't get rid of it by rolling back to 5.1 or
going to the 5.6 beta ...

to reinstall IIS5 to see if it goes away.

Mon, 02 Jun 2003 13:31:08 GMT

1. pscal memory leaks

2. array memory leak HELP!

3. JScript memory leak

4. Behavior memory leak, part 2

5. Memory Leak in JScript Engine?

6. VBScript Function causes memory leak!

7. Huge Memory Leak if you use JavaScript in IE4

8. memory leak?

9. No error reported and memory leak if error occurs in Class_Terminate

10. Possible memory leak - error '800a0007'

11. Database not available causing memory leak in vbscript

12. Memory leak in HP LaserJet 4Si MX?