How do I open a database connection to SQL-server using javascript?
Author Message
 How do I open a database connection to SQL-server using javascript?

How do I open a database connection to SQL-server using javascript? I have
done it in VBScript but would like to do it in JS. Can you help? Please!

Thanks,

Thu, 15 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I open a database connection to SQL-server using javascript?
Lasse,

The objects you use to connect to the database (or any other
objects) are independant of the language.
Use them as you are used to in VBS.

Note some language differences: all methods in JS should
be called with ( ). It is not just "myRecordset.Close", but
"myRecordset.Close()".

Hans Kesting

Quote:
> How do I open a database connection to SQL-server using javascript? I have
> done it in VBscript but would like to do it in JS. Can you help? Please!

> Thanks,

Fri, 16 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I open a database connection to SQL-server using javascript?
... and to create the object in the first place, use

var myRecordset = new ActiveXObject("ADODB.Recordset");

Hans Kesting

Quote:
> Lasse,

> The objects you use to connect to the database (or any other
> objects) are independant of the language.
> Use them as you are used to in VBS.

> Note some language differences: all methods in JS should
> be called with ( ). It is not just "myRecordset.Close", but
> "myRecordset.Close()".

> Hans Kesting

> > How do I open a database connection to SQL-server using javascript? I
have
> > done it in VBscript but would like to do it in JS. Can you help? Please!

> > Thanks,

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. adding a user DSN connection to MS SQL server 2000 using AD GPO logon scripts

2. database connection remain open if opened via recordset

3. Using Vbscript and SQL-DMO to connect to SQL Server and run a T-SQL script

4. URGENT - A Database Connection in JavaScript

5. Connection to Access 97 database w/ Javascript

6. Opening an Access database with ADO connection and VBScript

7. Opening two database connections

8. Import xls file into SQL Server using VBscript and exe function on remote server

9. Creating databases, Tables in SQL from JavaScript

10. How Do I force a SQL server to drop a connection

11. SQL Server db connections

12. need example of SQL Server connection with .vbs file