form repost right mouse click-refresh
Author Message
 form repost right mouse click-refresh
Hi Folks

I have one form.In that there are 2 text boxes and save
button.after entering data in text boxes & click on save
button form gets submitted to the same asp page.Then that
data gets saved in DB,and again same form displayed.

At this point of time if user right clicks and click on
refresh popup menu then that earlier form  data gets
submitted again and again it is going to save in DB,
eventhough there is nothing in text boxes.
i.e old form data is gets submitted.
Do u guys know any solutions?

I cannot restrict the duplication of data in db.
I should allow the duplicate data.

I cannot disable right click as per specs.
With out disabling right click & entire popup menu, I want
to remove refresh menu in pop up menu or catching that
refresh click? But How it's possible?

Is there any other solutions?

Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.

Thanking you
Anil

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 23:00:14 GMT
 form repost right mouse click-refresh
If I understand your question correctly then yes.  I have that script tucked
away deep within the bowels of my HD (yes, one I wrote).  Without taking the
time of attempting to find it I will attempt to quickly answer your question
now.  If you can not get it to work for you, let me know.

Basically you are telling your script that if a document.reload is true then
to cancel that event in the document before it has a chance to bubble up a
second time.  Another way would be to tell the script to reset the
document's form elements, and if the data had already been submitted
alerting the user that the data has been submitted and presenting them with
a confirm dialog box as to whether to be redirected or "stay here" and
resubmit new data again.  If so, you could then tell your script that if the
form had already been submitted, and the data entered into the form was the
same as the previous submission, throw-up an alert box telling them so, and
again allowing for a confirm dialog box.  Then, if so needed, or desired,
you redirect the user to another page.  From that point, the user could
either go to that form again -- if they so needed.

--

RayBan

"...I don't believe it!", exclaimed the young Jedi apprentice.
"That" replied the Jedi master, grimly, "is why you fail".

http://www.macrospot.com

Quote:
> Hi Folks

> I have one form.In that there are 2 text boxes and save
> button.after entering data in text boxes & click on save
> button form gets submitted to the same asp page.Then that
> data gets saved in DB,and again same form displayed.

> At this point of time if user right clicks and click on
> refresh popup menu then that earlier form  data gets
> submitted again and again it is going to save in DB,
> eventhough there is nothing in text boxes.
> i.e old form data is gets submitted.
> Do u guys know any solutions?

> I cannot restrict the duplication of data in db.
> I should allow the duplicate data.

> I cannot disable right click as per specs.
> With out disabling right click & entire popup menu, I want
> to remove refresh menu in pop up menu or catching that
> refresh click? But How it's possible?

> Is there any other solutions?

> Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.

> Thanking you
> Anil

Thu, 08 Jul 2004 05:50:22 GMT
 form repost right mouse click-refresh
Hi RayBan

Thank you for your solution.
I unserstand your solution.
But I don't know how to implement that?
How can I call function when user clicks refresh button by
using mouse-right click-pop menu?
Or How can I reset form values? is there any thing like
form.contents.refresh?
I think I am just near to the solution.But I don't know
how to implement it?
Do you have any script for this?or any web site url's?
Please guide me in right direction.
Thanking you
Anil

Re: form repost right mouse click-refresh
From: Ray Ban
Date Posted: 1/19/2002 2:57:00 PM

If I understand your question correctly then yes. I have
that script tucked
away deep within the bowels of my HD (yes, one I wrote).
Without taking the
time of attempting to find it I will attempt to quickly
answer your question
now. If you can not get it to work for you, let me know.

Basically you are telling your script that if a
document.reload is true then
to cancel that event in the document before it has a
chance to bubble up a
second time. Another way would be to tell the script to
reset the
document's form elements, and if the data had already been
submitted
alerting the user that the data has been submitted and
presenting them with
a confirm dialog box as to whether to be redirected
or "stay here" and
resubmit new data again. If so, you could then tell your
script that if the
form had already been submitted, and the data entered into
the form was the
same as the previous submission, throw-up an alert box
telling them so, and
again allowing for a confirm dialog box. Then, if so
needed, or desired,
you redirect the user to another page. From that point,
the user could
either go to that form again -- if they so needed.

--

RayBan

"...I don't believe it!", exclaimed the young Jedi
apprentice.
"That" replied the Jedi master, grimly, "is why you fail".

http://www.macrospot.com

Quote:
> Hi Folks

> I have one form.In that there are 2 text boxes and save
> button.after entering data in text boxes & click on save
> button form gets submitted to the same asp page.Then that
> data gets saved in DB,and again same form displayed.

> At this point of time if user right clicks and click on
> refresh popup menu then that earlier form data gets
> submitted again and again it is going to save in DB,
> eventhough there is nothing in text boxes.
> i.e old form data is gets submitted.
> Do u guys know any solutions?

> I cannot restrict the duplication of data in db.
> I should allow the duplicate data.

> I cannot disable right click as per specs.
> With out disabling right click & entire popup menu, I
want
> to remove refresh menu in pop up menu or catching that
> refresh click? But How it's possible?

> Is there any other solutions?

> Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.

> Thanking you
> Anil

Sat, 10 Jul 2004 07:42:19 GMT

1. Cancelling a Right Mouse Button Click

2. disable mouse right-click

3. Mouse Right Click Event

4. no right click mouse with alert

5. Detecting Right Mouse Clicks

6. Mouse Right Click Event

7. Javascript detect a right mouse click?

8. sendkeys right mouse click...

9. Can you right mouse click on a link

10. Right mouse button click

11. Right Mouse Click

12. pop up menu when right mouse button clicked