Tracing IE JavaScript
Author Message
 Tracing IE JavaScript

Is there any way of tracing IE5 to see where it is spending its time?  I
have monitors as each script is entered but IE is spending lots of CPU time
without invoking functions and I would like to know what it thinks it's
doing!!

Regards

Thu, 07 Oct 2004 16:25:10 GMT
 Tracing IE JavaScript
If you just want to check the JS algorithms you can use Mozilla and its
de{*filter*}. Open up the de{*filter*} and click the profile button. Once you are
done profiling save the profile to a file to analyze where Mozilla spent all
that time :-)

I would love to have the same functionality in IE. If someone knows how to
do this I'm interested as well.

erik

Quote:
> Is there any way of tracing IE5 to see where it is spending its time?  I
> have monitors as each script is entered but IE is spending lots of CPU
time
> without invoking functions and I would like to know what it thinks it's
> doing!!

> Regards

Thu, 07 Oct 2004 18:05:32 GMT

1. script debugger to trace into vb scripts??

2. ray tracing for your printer

3. PS file tracing?

4. script debugger to trace into vb scripts??

5. trace route

6. Q : Algo for tracing bitmap file into EPS or PS

7. software to trace image in .ps

8. Help wanted in tracing odd ps error

9. Help - ODBC Tracing and SQL.Log File

10. Tracing a bezier curve