Copy the content of and Iframe to anothe iframe
Author Message
 Copy the content of and Iframe to anothe iframe

    I have a problem about copy the actual content of an iframe.
I have to iframes in the page: iframeA, iframeB. Before I submit the form
from the iframeA. I would like to save the content of the frame to the
iframeB (this is not visible frame so the user won't see it) and if
something wrong happens during the submitting I can easily restore the
values form the iframeB.

So before I submit the form I call this function:

function CopyPageToHidden()
 var oNewDoc ="text/html", "replace", true);

This copies the content fine. But i I would like to restore it I try to call
this function:

function RestorePageFromHidden()
 var oNewDoc ="text/html", "replace",  true);

The oNewDoc object always NULL, but if I debug the page the
top.frameMain.document object exists! How could this happen? Why the JS cant
open this document?

Thanks: Peter

Tue, 05 Apr 2005 21:48:44 GMT

1. IFRAME content hangs around on refresh but script in IFRAME is not available

2. copying contents from iframe to hidden form element textarea

3. Resizing an IFrame with XML content transformed with XSL to full size of content

4. Post a form from one IFrame to another IFrame

5. IFrame within an IFrame (JSRS)

6. Print contents of an iframe...

7. Printing IFRAME contents only

8. Resize IFrame with XML content

9. Changing the contents of an iframe from a link

10. problem printing contents of an IFrame in IE5.5 or lower

11. Making the contents of an iFrame Readonly

12. Accessing a IFRAME from within this IFRAME but on a different server??