parent's parent in an IFRAME
Author Message
 parent's parent in an IFRAME

I know it sounds insane but here's my delimma, I have an
IFRAME on my page that contains some XML I want to
access.  Normally this is not much of a problem using a
listener function on the page that is in the IFRAME.

My problem however is that I am using a product called
E.piphany to product the XML data which results in this
scenario.

ProphetComplete.asp being the parent of the IFRAME
IFrameData.

IFrameData containing the page OtsGateway.asp?BrowerId=2...
being the parent of ProphetCompleteXML

where ProphetCompleteXML is the pare I want to communicate
with....

One rule is that I can't add anything to OtsGateway.asp to
help make the connection between it's parent and it's
child frame...

Thanks,
Stumped AKA Bo

Tue, 09 Dec 2003 03:19:42 GMT

1. iframe and parent of its parent

2. IFRAME parent????

3. passing info to parent window with IFRAME

4. How to call a function in iFrame from parent page

5. Access to Parent DOM from within an iFrame

6. Error accessing parent functions/vars from IFRAME

7. Calling script from an IFrame to the parent frame

8. Can't find parent

9. Child Window can't talk to parent window -- or vice versa

10. help, I can't create an array from child window in parent window

11. Reloading a Parent Page from it's Child

12. href="javascript:parent.window.close() doesn't work