Running exe files from ASP
Author Message
 Running exe files from ASP

Hello There

 Can someone please explain to me how to execute an exe file from within ASP

I am actually trying to run pkzip.exe on the server to zip a dynamically
created page up so that I can download that page group of pages to the user.

Thanks in advance for the help

Jeremy

Sat, 30 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Running exe files from ASP
  var wsh = new ActiveXObject('WScript.Shell');
  wsh.Run('whatever.exe')

Quote:

--

        Martin Honnen
        http://javascript.faqts.com/

Sat, 30 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Running exe files from ASP

Quote:

> Thanks Martin

> Unfortuanately I had tried this to no avail. When I use this method, no
> error is created on the page, yet the exe does not run.

Make sure you have the latest script engine and wsh installed. Then I
hope you are clear that the exe must exist on the SERVER NOT THE CLIENT
and that you need to specify the full path.

Quote:

> If i use the dos prompt c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wscript whatever.exe the system
> tells me that the exe file format is not valid, this occurs for all exes.

This is not what I told you to do, you should use the two lines below in
an asp page.

Quote:

> Any  Ideas

> Thanks Again Jeremy

Mon, 02 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. EXE files - run from asp script?

2. create directory, copy files, run exe files

3. run exe from asp

4. run exe from asp

5. Running an .EXE from an ASP

6. Can I run an .exe from asp?

7. Running a .bat or .exe through VBScript in IIS ASP

8. HTML/ASP run a .exe from VB Script

9. How to run an EXE from ASP ?

10. Problem Running exe on server from ASP page

11. how to run vbs from asp (via cscript.exe)

12. Running an EXE from ASP Page