Access denied (JavaScript error) while download a file.
Author Message
 Access denied (JavaScript error) while download a file.

I wrote a servlet that would let a user download a file
(PDF, XML, text, ..).
The problems comes in when suddenly after the user
downloads and saves the file, none oh the JavaScript that
is called on events (onclick, onchange) that access any of
the documents objects on the screen (elements) work in IE.
I receive a JavaScript error in IE which says "Access is
denied". If the user does not save the file and clicks
cancel everything works fine.
My ultimate goal is to save the file defaulting the "save
as" dialog box with a name I provide so the user doesn't
really have to do anything. And then I still want all the
JavaScript to work since I nperform client side
validation.
This has been a big problem to me.
I hope someone can help.

Sun, 09 Oct 2005 23:32:50 GMT

1. Access is denied (JavaScript error) while writing to the stream

2. Access denied writing XML file from Javascript

3. Advanced JavaScript Question - IE - Permission denied Error

4. javascript runtime error stating Acces Denied

5. Access Denied Error when working with frames

6. "Access is denied" Error

7. "Access is denied" error

8. Experts Only - URL - Access Denied Error

9. 403.1 Error access denied

10. access denied errors?????

11. window.open - ERROR: ACCESS DENIED

12. Access Denied error - script debugger problem?