Question re:Ole Automation, JScript and web servers
Author Message
 Question re:Ole Automation, JScript and web servers

What is the connection between automation objects in JScript and the web
server???

I have an html doc that has JScript in it to open an Excel Document:
var ExcelSheet

ExcelSheet = getObject(http://myserv/file.xls,"Excel.Sheet");

I've noticed that this call will not work on my machine on Personal Web
Server and Netscape Web Server, however it will work on IIS..

What I do not get is..This script interacts with the clients version of
excel and is browser (IE) specific, how is it web server specific???

It seems to me that the web server only delivers the .xls file and wouldn't
do anything else....Am I missing something about how automation works on the
web???

Thanks

Sal

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. OLE automation server ak ActiveX ->DLLs ?

2. Starting an OLE Automation Server

3. OLE Automation Server Timeout

4. Javascript/JScript OLE automation

5. JScript and OLE automation VSS

6. Newbie question : Multi-Threading and OLE Automation problem....

7. Automation server can't create object - Microsoft JScript runtime (0x800A01AD)

8. Automation Servers/JScript & IE

9. Jscript error: Automation Server can't create object

10. Automation Server Can't Create Object / JScript

11. JScript runtime error: Automation server can't create object

12. passing jscript arrays TO Automation servers