Automation Server Can't Create Object / JScript
Author Message
 Automation Server Can't Create Object / JScript

After installing the dreaded ADO 2.0 SDK, my server would no longer execute
any of my ASP pages that depended on ADO, so I followed the suggestions of
others posting in this list, and removed the files by running the SDK
installation a second time.  Then, I manually deleted the msado15.dll file.

Following that, I reinstalled ADO 1.5, but now I'm experiencing some very
strange errors, and ADO is still broken.

The error message that keeps appearing is as follows:

    Microsoft JScript runtime error '800a01ad'
    Automation server can't create object
    /Whatsnew/index.asp, line 39

The object that the ASP page is trying create is:

    conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection");

I found that at least one other object also can't be created:

    util = Server.CreateObject("ixsso.util");  // the index server utility
class

Now here's the kicker.....
I also use a class that I wrote myself in Java (JBuilder, not J++) and
registered the class.  Apparently, I can create this object (it works on all
my pages) using:

     fcObj = Server.CreateObject("FileCounter");

But not any of the others.

Questions:

1.  Is there more to uninstalling ADO 2.0 than what I did?

2.  Do I have to somehow reregister these indigenous classes now???

3.  What else can I do to fix the broken ASP pages on our server?

4.  Is Microsoft going to acknowledge that it put out a faulty produce with
ADO 2.0?  I see the huge number of people experiencing problems with it and
have to wonder.....

Notes:

1.  I also uninstalled my old copy of NT Options Pack 4 and installed a
fresh download from the MS website.  I also downloaded the MDAC 1.5

2.  Earlier, I had installed the new JScript engine v3.1, and then the 5.0
beta.  Unfortunately, neither of the engines comes with an uninstall
executable, but I did try to overwrite the 5.0 beta by reinstalling the 3.1
scripting engine.

3.  I checked my ODBC Administrator to make sure that my drivers are all
working, and they do appear to be functional (at least, they can establish a
link to SQL Server 6.5).

4.  I believe that the anonymous user IUSR_XXX has read/executable
permission for all the documents in question, after all, my class is loading
fine from ASP....

Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Automation server can't create object - Microsoft JScript runtime (0x800A01AD)

2. Jscript error: Automation Server can't create object

3. JScript runtime error: Automation server can't create object

4. Automation server can't create object?

5. Automation Server Can't Create Object

6. Automation server can't create object and Scripting.FileSystemObject

7. Automation server can't create object

8. Error: Automation Server can't create object

9. IE3.02: Automation Server can't create object

10. Help....Automation Server Can't Create Object

11. Automation server can't create object

12. Automation Server Can't create object