global.asa w/ JScript
Author Message
 global.asa w/ JScript

Has anyone used JScript in their global.asa file? If so how? Ive tried
setting Session_OnStart as a sub and a function but it doesnt seem to be
working?

Thu, 06 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 global.asa w/ JScript

I use global.asa purely in JScript and have no troubles with it!

Fred

Quote:
> Has anyone used JScript in their global.asa file? If so how? Ive tried
> setting Session_OnStart as a sub and a function but it doesnt seem to be
> working?

Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 global.asa w/ JScript
yes but how did you do it?

Quote:

> I use global.asa purely in JScript and have no troubles with it!

> Fred

> > Has anyone used JScript in their global.asa file? If so how? Ive tried
> > setting Session_OnStart as a sub and a function but it doesnt seem to be
> > working?

Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 global.asa w/ JScript

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=javascript RUNAT=server>

function Session_OnStart() {
    //    Some initializations here...

Quote:
}

function Session_OnEnd() {
    //    Some deinitializations here...

Quote:
}

</SCRIPT>

That simple! At my job we use NT 4 and IIS 4...

Quote:
> yes but how did you do it?

> > I use global.asa purely in JScript and have no troubles with it!

> > Fred

> > > Has anyone used JScript in their global.asa file? If so how? Ive tried
> > > setting Session_OnStart as a sub and a function but it doesnt seem to
be
> > > working?

Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 global.asa w/ JScript
I know it works with javascript.. but the problem is I said JScript :) it
doesnt seem to work if I use JScript..

Quote:

> <SCRIPT LANGUAGE=javascript RUNAT=server>

> function Session_OnStart() {
>     //    Some initializations here...
> }

> function Session_OnEnd() {
>     //    Some deinitializations here...
> }

> </SCRIPT>

> That simple! At my job we use NT 4 and IIS 4...

> > yes but how did you do it?

> > > I use global.asa purely in JScript and have no troubles with it!

> > > Fred

> be

Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 global.asa w/ JScript

Quote:
> I know it works with javascript.. but the problem is I said JScript :) it
> doesnt seem to work if I use JScript..

Hi,

They mean the same thing in ASP -- they both load the JScript engine.

Peter

--
Peter J. Torr - Microsoft Windows Script Program Manager

Please do not e-mail me with questions - post them to this
newsgroup instead. Thankyou!

Sat, 08 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 global.asa w/ JScript

Hi Stephen

Could your problem be with IIS? Check if you set the beginning of your
application to the directory where you have the global.asa.

Klaus

Quote:

> I know it works with javascript.. but the problem is I said JScript :) it
> doesnt seem to work if I use JScript..

Sun, 09 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie question - Global.asa using JScript

2. JScript/global.asa problem

3. JScript in global.asa

4. jscript in global.asa

5. JScript in global.asa in Interdev