Getting data from server without opening a new window
Author Message
 Getting data from server without opening a new window

Hi,

The problem : I need to get data from a database but don't want my page to
be reload. So, i use win2 =open(...) with the URL of a PHP script calling an
SQL request an generating a file in the form
var[i].value = ("SQL result");

Then, from the main window, i read data in win2 and can update my window
with SQL data result and then, i close win2. The trouble is that a window
opens and then is closed after processing.  Is there another way of getting
the same result without opening, even for a very short time, another window
??

Thanks

Fri, 19 Sep 2003 00:15:07 GMT
 Getting data from server without opening a new window
Try Remote Scripting:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/languages/clinic/scripting041299.asp

good luck.

ivan.

Quote:
> Hi,

> The problem : I need to get data from a database but don't want my page to
> be reload. So, i use win2 =open(...) with the URL of a PHP script calling
an
> SQL request an generating a file in the form
> var[i].value = ("SQL result");

> Then, from the main window, i read data in win2 and can update my window
> with SQL data result and then, i close win2. The trouble is that a window
> opens and then is closed after processing.  Is there another way of
getting
> the same result without opening, even for a very short time, another
window
> ??

> Thanks

Sat, 20 Sep 2003 04:28:14 GMT

1. how do I open the current window again without opening a new window

2. Urgent-Open a new window and then access data in the original window

3. Get the form data to server without adding new item to browser's history list

4. Open new window without toolbar and url-line

5. Open New Browser Window without Toolbar

6. open a new window in new position

7. open a new window with a new session ID

8. Sending data between open pages without reloading

9. How to Get quickly data from Server from inside client Javascript code without page refresh

10. Window should open in new window

11. Open new window, update DB, clsoe window and return to Parent

12. window.open does not maximize the new window