how to make a customized prompt dialog box?
Author Message
 how to make a customized prompt dialog box?

I tried to make a customized dialog box with the windows.open method. and i
am trying to use it in place of prmpt() function in javascript.

the problem is.. when i call prompt function, it waits till a value returns,
but when i call the window.open method it opens the window and it executes
the other statements in teh function, before any values are returned. is
there a way to avoid this?

or is there a way to make a customised prompt dialogbox?

regards
moditha

Fri, 11 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 how to make a customized prompt dialog box?
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/2312/fid/124/lang/

Quote:

--

        Martin Honnen
        http://javascript.faqts.com/

Fri, 11 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 how to make a customized prompt dialog box?
howdy--

Try showModalDialog() or showModelessDialog()

> I tried to make a customized dialog box with the windows.open method. and i
> am trying to use it in place of prmpt() function in javascript.

> the problem is.. when i call prompt function, it waits till a value returns,
> but when i call the window.open method it opens the window and it executes
> the other statements in teh function, before any values are returned. is
> there a way to avoid this?

> or is there a way to make a customised prompt dialogbox?

> regards
> moditha

Fri, 11 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 how to make a customized prompt dialog box?
Thanks boss...

One more question, i couldn't find this showmodaldialog() function in
javascript. does that means, this wont work with netscape???

moditha

Quote:
>http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/2312/fid/124/lang/

Sat, 12 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Running a local bat file without the download dialog box prompt

2. How do I position a prompt dialog box ?

3. customize a site-making a personal portofolio

4. how to customize a WshShell.Popup box?

5. printing without prompting the printer dialog

6. Using customized PPD files to customize Windows printer properties defaults

7. Alert, Prompt and confirm box question.

8. Prompt box

9. IF THEN Message box prompt?

10. Font Properties in Alert, Confirm, and Prompt boxes

11. making select boxes and options in DOM

12. Making SELECT-boxes invisible