Can't create Object
Author Message
 Can't create Object

I am using setting a variable = to a new activex object and I get the error
"automation server can't create object".  How do I fix this?  Here is the
code that it errors out on.

axo = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");

Thanks
Scott

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't create Object
Make sure the Scripting dll is on the system. If you excute the code in
IE change the security settings so that creation of activex content is
allowed.
Be careful about this however as it is risky to allow arbritrary pages
file system access

Quote:

--

        Martin Honnen
        http://javascript.faqts.com/

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't create Object
After calling my webpage service provider I found out they don't support
activex object, so I guess I am back to the beginning, trying to figure out
how to open a text file without using an axtivex object.

Quote:
> Make sure the Scripting dll is on the system. If you excute the code in
> IE change the security settings so that creation of activex content is
> allowed.
> Be careful about this however as it is risky to allow arbritrary pages
> file system access

> > I am using setting a variable = to a new activex object and I get the
error
> > "automation server can't create object".  How do I fix this?  Here is
the
> > code that it errors out on.

> > axo = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");

> > Thanks
> > Scott

> --

> Martin Honnen
> http://javascript.faqts.com/
> http://home.t-online.de/home/martin.honnen/jsgoddies.html

Sun, 18 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. 'ActiveX can't create object'

2. Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

3. 'ActiveX can't create object'

4. 'ActiveX can't create object'

5. create object 'agent'

6. can't create object 'ADsSecurity"

7. help ActiveX Error : ActiveX component can't create object

8. Automation server can't create object?

9. Can't create MSWC.Tools object

10. Errors with VBScript macro - Can't Create Object, Script Engine Not Installed Correctly

11. Automation Server Can't Create Object

12. Automation server can't create object - Microsoft JScript runtime (0x800A01AD)