insert a value in a parent browser window
Author Message
 insert a value in a parent browser window

Hi :) I hope u can help me on this one.

I have these frames:

 <head>
  <title>Default</title>
 </head>
 <frameset framespacing="0" border="false" frameborder="0" cols="150,*">
  <frame name="left" scrolling="no" noresize target="rtop" src="meny.htm">
  <frameset>
   <frame name="rbottom" src="start.asp" scrolling="auto">
  </frameset>
 </frameset>

and on meny.htm i have a textbox and a button that opens up a new browser
window. I need to know how the javascript in the new window shall look to
send a value from that new window into the textbox on meny.htm

TIA
/s

Tue, 17 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 insert a value in a parent browser window
Hi s

Try opener.textBoxName.value or opener.document.textBoxName.value

Hope this helps.
Klaus

Quote:

> Hi :) I hope u can help me on this one.

> I have these frames:

>  <head>
>   <title>Default</title>
>  </head>
>  <frameset framespacing="0" border="false" frameborder="0" cols="150,*">
>   <frame name="left" scrolling="no" noresize target="rtop" src="meny.htm">
>   <frameset>
>    <frame name="rbottom" src="start.asp" scrolling="auto">
>   </frameset>
>  </frameset>

> and on meny.htm i have a textbox and a button that opens up a new browser
> window. I need to know how the javascript in the new window shall look to
> send a value from that new window into the textbox on meny.htm

> TIA
> /s

Wed, 18 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hell of a Time - Detect Plugins, Close Parent Window, Detect 128 bit Encryption Browser, create Shortcut

2. browser hangs when I print and close a parent window using javascript

3. Pass values from child window to parent (Help)

4. Setting values in Parent and Child Windows

5. chid window up window reload on parent window

6. Passing values between open windows in browser

7. question about new window and parent window event exchange

8. Refresh parent window from child window

9. why parent window reloads on window.open() ?

10. Child window refreshing parent window

11. Controlling daughtor window from parent window

12. Child Window can't talk to parent window -- or vice versa