jscript version information ? ? ?
Author Message
 jscript version information ? ? ?

Hi !

I looked in the msdn library for the "jscript version information"
and i find the list of  only for ie 3,4 and 5.
Why isnt any information for ie 5.5 and 6 ?

Thanks
Barak Mery

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 05:07:36 GMT
 jscript version information ? ? ?
Microsoft has not implemented a new version of JScript in Internet Explorer
6.0.  JScript.NET is the next version to be released and will primarily be
dealt with on the Server side, as it is the primary scripting language for
ASP.NET.  Currently, JScript in IE 5.5 is the most current version, with
version 5.5.  You should be able to find a user's guide on your computer:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\Common\IDE\IDE98\MSE\1033\JScript5.chm

Good luck!

--Robert Paveza

Quote:
> Hi !

> I looked in the msdn library for the "jscript version information"
> and i find the list of  only for ie 3,4 and 5.
> Why isnt any information for ie 5.5 and 6 ?

> Thanks
> Barak Mery

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:22:13 GMT
 jscript version information ? ? ?

Quote:
> Microsoft has not implemented a new version of JScript in Internet
Explorer
> 6.0.  JScript.NET is the next version to be released and will primarily
be
> dealt with on the Server side, as it is the primary scripting language
for
> ASP.NET.  Currently, JScript in IE 5.5 is the most current version,
with
> version 5.5.  You should be able to find a user's guide on your

computer:

Er.  IE6 shipped with JScript 5.6 ...

Jim.

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 19:09:37 GMT
 jscript version information ? ? ?
why isnt it mentioned in the msdn library under "jscript version
information"

Barak

Quote:

> > Microsoft has not implemented a new version of JScript in Internet
> Explorer
> > 6.0.  JScript.NET is the next version to be released and will primarily
> be
> > dealt with on the Server side, as it is the primary scripting language
> for
> > ASP.NET.  Currently, JScript in IE 5.5 is the most current version,
> with
> > version 5.5.  You should be able to find a user's guide on your
> computer:

> Er.  IE6 shipped with JScript 5.6 ...

> Jim.

Tue, 29 Jun 2004 06:12:23 GMT
 jscript version information ? ? ?

Quote:
> Hi !

> I looked in the msdn library for the "jscript version information"
> and i find the list of  only for ie 3,4 and 5.
> Why isnt any information for ie 5.5 and 6 ?

Not sure; this page just hasn't been updated for a while, I guess. I have
let our documentation team know about it.

FYI, Internet Explorer 5.5 comes with script 5.5, and IE 6 comes with script
5.6

5.6 has no new language features, just bug fixes and some enhancements to
WSH.

Peter

--

Waiting for the Vengabus? http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
Please post all questions to the group. Thanks.

Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:28:30 GMT
 jscript version information ? ? ?
Thanks a lot  ! ! !

Quote:

> > Hi !

> > I looked in the msdn library for the "jscript version information"
> > and i find the list of  only for ie 3,4 and 5.
> > Why isnt any information for ie 5.5 and 6 ?

> Not sure; this page just hasn't been updated for a while, I guess. I have
> let our documentation team know about it.

> FYI, Internet Explorer 5.5 comes with script 5.5, and IE 6 comes with
script
> 5.6

> 5.6 has no new language features, just bug fixes and some enhancements to
> WSH.

> Peter

> --

> Waiting for the Vengabus? http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
> Please post all questions to the group. Thanks.

Wed, 30 Jun 2004 18:33:03 GMT

1. Version information incorrect for version 5.5?

2. Scripting IE Version Information

3. How to determine EXE version information

4. VBScript.DLL version information

5. DLL Version Information Through Script

6. Possible to get version information from files?

7. Getting driver file version information via vbscript or VB

8. Version Information for files using FileSystemObject?

9. Getting driver file version information via vbscript or VB

10. Jscript and passing referer information

11. Can't get some information by jscript coding on wsf files

12. Can't use jscript get information