windows open and close problem between IE 4.0 and IE 5.0/5.5
Author Message
 windows open and close problem between IE 4.0 and IE 5.0/5.5

This is my code :

var newwndw

function wndwInventory (url, display, feature) {
    newwndw = window.open(url, display, feature)
    newwndw.document.location.replace(url) --> purposely for reload the
pages because the pages doesn't want changes before refreash manually
   /* first time i'm using newwndw.document.location.reload() got an error
so i changed into replace*/

Quote:
}

this command will fired after user click hyperlink something. But I found a
problem when user using IE 4.0 will show an error after the window was close
and click again to be opening for the second times. But in IE 5.0/5.5 can
work so well. And then I changed my code into

var newwndw

function wndwInventory (url, display, feature) {
    if (newwndw == null) {
        newwndw = window.open(url, display, feature)
    }
    newwndw.document.location.replace(url) --> purposely for reload the
pages because the pages doesn't want changes before refreash manually
   /* first time i'm using newwndw.document.location.reload() got an error
so i changed into replace*/

Quote:
}

this command will error on IE 5.0/5.5 but on IE4.0 can work properly. Does
anyone know what's wrong with my code to open window ? Thanks a lot for any
information.

Regards,
Franky

Tue, 17 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. IE 5.0 vs IE 5.5

2. Object loading in IE 5.5 differ from IE 5.0

3. Closing windows without warning in IE 5.5

4. WSH on NT 4.0 Server without IE 4.0 (5.0)

5. window.open(url, new_name) can break cookies in IE 5.5

6. ASP with I.E. 5.5 problem

7. Unable to open new window on IE 5.5

8. window.open doesn`t work on my IE 5.5

9. Problem with window opened with window.open method in IE

10. window.close in IE 4.0

11. Inter Explorer 4.0 vs IE 5.5

12. Error Trapping in IE version 4.0 to 5.5