How to run a exe file in IE
Author Message
 How to run a exe file in IE

Dear All,

Does Anyone know how to write a jscript code to run a application exe file
of Client end when user click a button in IE browser?
Any help is very appreciated!

Thanks

Wed, 25 Aug 2004 16:42:07 GMT
 How to run a exe file in IE
Create a WScript.Shell object and use its Run method.

But...(there's always a but ;-) WScript.Shell is "unsafe" for use in IE.

Whether you use JScript's new ActiveXObject() or VBScript's CreateObject() or whether you get the prompt or the failure, the issues are still the same...

Q195826 - PRB: CreateObject Fails from Client-Side Scripts
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q195/8/26.ASP

Or you can simply use HTAs instead - as simple as saving the file with .hta instead of .htm as the extension. .hta files are hosted by mshta.exe rather than iexplore.exe, and have a security model comparable to a conventional Windows desktop application. Of course accepting and executing an HTA is also up to the end user...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Dear All,

> Does Anyone know how to write a jscript code to run a application exe file
> of Client end when user click a button in IE browser?
> Any help is very appreciated!

> Thanks

Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:01:31 GMT

1. create directory, copy files, run exe files

2. Running cscript.exe and wscript.exe from the floppy drive

3. run exe file

4. Run an EXE file

5. Running exe files from ASP

6. open/run an EXE file from JavaScript/HTML

7. Running a EXE file with VB Script

8. How could I run exe file form vbscript

9. How to Auto Run a Cab File Packaged as an .exe

10. To run a .exe file

11. EXE files - run from asp script?

12. run exe file from a button