Reading a Word doc in script
Author Message
 Reading a Word doc in script

Hi:

I need to read the contents of a word file (*.rtf) and
return the contents to be displayed in a text area on a
form.  I'm able to open the doc using the code:
var wordApp = new ActiveXObject('Word.Application');
wordApp.Visible = true;
wordApp.documents.Open("C:\temp.rtf");

I am not sure how to read the contents of this file, to be
stored in another variable.

Please help?

Thanks in advance,
- JPA

Sat, 09 Oct 2004 06:31:24 GMT

1. Open a word doc in read-only in browser

2. insert toc in word .doc via script

3. Script to open a new Word doc based on a template

4. Change embedded .bmp to link in Word 97 doc with WSH script

5. find/replace in a Word Doc using word object and vbscript

6. Reading Word Document in VB Script

7. Opening Word Doc inside IE frame

8. WebBrowser Object Navigating to Word Doc

9. Converting MS Word DOC format to PS

10. Printing a WORD doc when a button is clicked

11. Viewing word doc using binarywrite

12. Word .doc to .ps