Close a window
Author Message
 Close a window

 Hi there.

When I try to close a window (The 1st browser window -> The login page
in my application) after opening another window, I get a message box
that prompts me with:
    "The Web page you are viewing is trying to close the window.
     Do you want to close this window?"

I'd like to avoid this little window that will be not understood by
users.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Cathy

Mon, 16 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Close a window
I avoided the close warning message box for one of my applications by
creating an HTA which creates a new window containing my login screen and
then closes itself without the message box.  The problem is that the HTA
must be ran locally in order for it to work automatically for security
reasons.  This solution worked for me because my application was going to be
used in a controls environment were I could place the HTA on a network drive
and let the user link to it from there.  So I don't know if this will help
you or not.

Elijah Cornell

Quote:
> Hi there.

> When I try to close a window (The 1st browser window -> The login page
> in my application) after opening another window, I get a message box
> that prompts me with:
>     "The Web page you are viewing is trying to close the window.
>      Do you want to close this window?"

> I'd like to avoid this little window that will be not understood by
> users.

> Thanks in advance for your help.

> Best regards,
> Cathy

Mon, 16 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Updating parent window and closing child window

2. Closing a Windows Explorer Window

3. Closing a window from a button on another window

4. Updating parent window and closing child window

5. Closing a Windows Explorer Window

6. Refreshing a parent window after closing link window

7. Closing a window that was opened with the window.open method

8. Close child window when another window becomes active

9. SendKeys cannot close DOS window.

10. SendKeys cannot close DOS window.

11. Run Method not closing the window:

12. how to close another window (version 2)