zIndex value not getting set properly
Author Message
 zIndex value not getting set properly

I am experiencing a problem that when I am trying to access  zIndex
value dynamically through object model I alway get a zero. Here is
an example:
<DIV ID="LayoutLYR"><LAYER ID="LayoutLYR" TOP=0 LEFT=0
VISIBILITY=INHERIT WIDTH=1418 HEIGHT=1613 Z-INDEX=1><DIV
ID="Table2LYR"><LAYER ID="Table2LYR" VISIBILITY=INHERIT TOP=59 LEFT=150
WIDTH=1206 HEIGHT=1455 Z-INDEX=1>

if then inside javascript I try:
alldivs= document.all.tags("DIV");
for (i=0; i<alldivs.length; i++)
{
  templay= alldivs(i);
  alert(templay.style.zIndex);

Quote:
}

I alway get 0 for zIndex, other values in the de{*filter*} look correct.
Any clues?
Thanks,

Igor

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 05 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. zIndex value not getting set properly

2. Getting full list of Domain Users is not working properly - some users missing

3. Cookie not getting read properly...why?

4. Getting full list of Domain Users is not working properly - some users missing

5. Running Excel within IE6 / getting Solver to work properly

6. Setting up InterDev + IE5.0 properly with both LAN and DUN

7. How to properly set up a postscript printer under SVR4

8. OnClick event not working properly

9. gs/gsview not clipping properly??

10. my pdf will not open properly

11. Javascript does not work properly in IE5

12. appendChild object not working properly across frames