changing zIndex for <DIV>
Author Message
 changing zIndex for <DIV>

I have some <DIV>s in a document that are layered with z-index. For some
reasons (because I clip the layers), I can not work with the visibility.

Is it possible to change zIndex of a <DIV> element via JS?

Thanks for your answer

Hildegard

Fri, 06 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 changing zIndex for <DIV>
You can do it like this i JScript:

var anyDiv = yourDiv;
anyDiv.zIndex = 999;  /*This makes sure it's on top*/
anyDiv.zIndex = 0;      /*This makes sure it's on bottom*/

Quote:

> I have some <DIV>s in a document that are layered with z-index. For some
> reasons (because I clip the layers), I can not work with the visibility.

> Is it possible to change zIndex of a <DIV> element via JS?

> Thanks for your answer

> Hildegard

Sat, 07 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 changing zIndex for <DIV>
Hello,

element.style.zIndex=any integer, the most positive on top.

e.style.zIndex = -1;
f.style.zIndex = -2;
g.style.zIndex = 0;
h.style.zIndex = 1;

places f on bottom, e over f, and g over f, and h on top..

For details:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/properties/....
asp

Regards,
Armand, FTSB

Quote:

> I have some <DIV>s in a document that are layered with z-index. For some
> reasons (because I clip the layers), I can not work with the visibility.

> Is it possible to change zIndex of a <DIV> element via JS?

> Thanks for your answer

> Hildegard

Sat, 07 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. --------<<<<<<MONEY>>>>>>--------- id 9543

2. Saving contents of <DIV ID="">...</DIV>

3. ASP writing to <div>

4. Referencing <DIV> from another window

5. <div>

6. using <div> with JS.

7. Code into <DIV>

9. <DIV> tag help please