Change content of frame A when doc loads in frame B
Author Message
 Change content of frame A when doc loads in frame B

I have a 3 pane frameset. When a document loads in frame A, I want to,
depending on that documents content load a document in frame B. So if a
document contains the word "companies" in document.forms[0].viewtitle.value,
I want to open a different document than if it contains "contacts" in that
same field.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Joel Braverman

Thu, 08 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Change content of frame A when doc loads in frame B

switch (document.forms[0].viewtitle.value.toLowerCase())
{
case 'companies':
  {
    url = 'companies.url';
    break;
  }
case 'contacts':
  {
    url = 'contacts.url';
    break;
  }
default :
  {
    url = 'disneyland.url';
    break;
  }

Quote:
}

document.forms[1].location.href = url;

Michael Harris
MVP - Windows Script

I have a 3 pane frameset. When a document loads in frame A, I want to,
depending on that documents content load a document in frame B. So if a
document contains the word "companies" in document.forms[0].viewtitle.value,
I want to open a different document than if it contains "contacts" in that
same field.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Joel Braverman

Thu, 08 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Chosing Frame content in a 2 framed page from a 1 framed page

2. Move Frame content to another frame

3. If not in frame then load frame page...

4. Frames: Responding to an event after a frame loads

5. Changing the contents in the left frame of an FTP window in IE5

6. Change frame content, IF i want

7. Changing the contents in the left frame of an FTP window in IE5

8. change frame contents

9. Changing the contents in the left frame of an FTP window in IE5

10. When page loads, load a page in another frame

11. getting query string from frame in jscript and getting frame name from another frame

12. Opening Word Doc inside IE frame