ActiveX keys in Internet Explorer
Author Message
 ActiveX keys in Internet Explorer

I have an ActiveX control in HTML page.
In explorer 5.5 and 6, the ActiveX control does not get keyboard events
unless I handel the "onkeydown" events in the HTML page and send them to the
control.
The behaviour in explorer 5 is different: if I click on the control (so the
control gets focus), then keys are received directly by the control, and
they do not generate the "onkeydown" event. But, surprisingly (and this
cause me some problem), key arive to the explore, in a way that I do not
understand. How can I block such keys from arriving to the explorer?

Sat, 09 Oct 2004 14:56:00 GMT
 ActiveX keys in Internet Explorer
I have an ActiveX control in HTML page.
In explorer 5.5 and 6, the ActiveX control does not get keyboard events
unless I handel the "onkeydown" events in the HTML page and send them to the
control.
The behaviour in explorer 5 is different: if I click on the control (so the
control gets focus), then keys are received directly by the control, and
they do not generate the "onkeydown" event. But, surprisingly (and this
cause me some problem), key arive to the explore, in a way that I do not
understand. How can I block such keys from arriving to the explorer?

Sat, 09 Oct 2004 15:10:49 GMT
 ActiveX keys in Internet Explorer
Hi Danny,

If you do not want the control to receive the keys, you can trap them at
explorer and set the cancelbubble property to true.

Hope that helps.
Thanks
Krishna - Microsoft Corp.

You assume all risk for your use.
? 2001 Microsoft Corporation.
All rights reserved.

Sat, 09 Oct 2004 22:37:28 GMT
 ActiveX keys in Internet Explorer

Hi Krishna,
I have trapped the keys in the explorer handeling the "onkeydown" event.
In Explorer 5.5 and 6 it works. But in Explorer 5, it works as far as
the ActiveX control is not in focus. When the control is in focus, the
control receives the keys directly (no "onkeydown" event), but key are
ariving somehow to the explorer.
My problem is that some function keys of the explorer,which I try to
block, work in this case.
Do you have any idea how does keys arive to the explorer in this case,
and how can I trap them?
By the way, I have received your answer threw devdex.com, but I can not
see your answer in the news group. Why?
Thanks anyway,
Danny Jamshy

Sun, 10 Oct 2004 15:26:05 GMT

1. ActiveX keys in Internet Explorer

2. ActiveX keys in Internet Explorer

3. Disable default-action of function key's in Internet Explorer

4. OnKeyDown-event: How to cancel the default action of function key's in Internet Explorer

5. OnKeyDown-event: How to cancel the default action of function key's in Internet Explorer

6. Disable default-actions function key's in Internet Explorer

7. OnKeyDown-event: How to cancel the default action of function key's in Internet Explorer

8. Licensing ActiveX Controls in Internet Explorer

9. Trapping ActiveX Events using JScript in Internet Explorer

10. Internet Explorer Navigation/History

11. Internet Explorer

12. Internet Explorer 6