array memory leak HELP!
Author Message
 array memory leak HELP!

I posted a message about this some time ago but there were no replies :(

But now I've distilled the cause of the problem down to some sample code.

I've got an ASP running in it's own memory space so you can monitor it's
memory usage by looking at MTX.EXE. This is on NT Server/IIS4.

Problem is the amount of memory used by MTX grows and is not released at the
end of the script or ever. Eventually the server pages itself to death.
Sample code below:

for (var i=0; i<1000; i++) {
 var a = new Array(1,2,3);
 Response.Write(a+'<br>\n');

Quote:
}

Every time I run this page the amount of memory in MTX jumps by about 3000K!
Setting the array to null doesn't help, nor does using the CollectGarbage
function.

Any ideas?

thanks,
Andy

Fri, 16 May 2003 11:35:07 GMT

1. pscal memory leaks

2. bizarre memory leak in IISx

3. JScript memory leak

4. Behavior memory leak, part 2

5. Memory Leak in JScript Engine?

6. VBScript Function causes memory leak!

7. Huge Memory Leak if you use JavaScript in IE4

8. memory leak?

9. No error reported and memory leak if error occurs in Class_Terminate

10. Possible memory leak - error '800a0007'

11. Database not available causing memory leak in vbscript

12. Memory leak in HP LaserJet 4Si MX?