Adding text to a form textbox in another frame
Author Message
 Adding text to a form textbox in another frame

Hello,

Let us say I have a frame called frmMine, which has a link on it to another
frame called frameSomeOneElsesForm.
This frameSomeOneElsesForm is an html page containing an html form from
another server, not owned by me.

I want to automatically paste text such as "Hello World" into
frameSomeOneElsesForm.textbox1 by clicking on a button on frmMine or perhaps
by placing code in an event which fires when the frameSomeOneElsesForm is
loaded with its html page.

Is this possible in jscript?
If so, how?

Thanks

Jonathan

Fri, 27 Aug 2004 19:24:18 GMT
 Adding text to a form textbox in another frame
Answer: No

Explanation:

Cross-Frame Scripting and Security
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/Author/om/xframe_scripting_securit...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Hello,

> Let us say I have a frame called frmMine, which has a link on it to another
> frame called frameSomeOneElsesForm.
> This frameSomeOneElsesForm is an html page containing an html form from
> another server, not owned by me.

> I want to automatically paste text such as "Hello World" into
> frameSomeOneElsesForm.textbox1 by clicking on a button on frmMine or perhaps
> by placing code in an event which fires when the frameSomeOneElsesForm is
> loaded with its html page.

> Is this possible in jscript?
> If so, how?

> Thanks

> Jonathan

Sat, 28 Aug 2004 04:07:22 GMT

1. Changing the textbox's value of a textbox in a frame

2. cycle through form and add values to text boxes

3. Javascript Error when adding text to form

4. HOWTO: Add TextBox Data to QueryString

5. Adding Textboxes

6. access textbox in different frame

7. Submit a form in a frame from another frame

8. form ->form (frames)

9. Selecting text in a textbox

10. find highlighted text in a textbox

11. highlighted text in a textbox doesn't unhighlight

12. Insterting text into a dynamically named textbox