Changing mouse cursor icon
Author Message
 Changing mouse cursor icon

Hi,

How do I change the cursor icon in a script ?

Thanks,

Kaison

Fri, 26 Mar 2004 13:02:58 GMT
 Changing mouse cursor icon

It depends where/when you want the cursor to change.
See the attachment how to do this in javascript..

Using a style sheet you create styles for the different cursors eg:

<STYLE TYPE=text/css>
  TD        { cursor: hand;    }
  SPAN   { cursor: hairline; }
</STYLE>

Quote:

> Hi,

> How do I change the cursor icon in a script ?

> Thanks,

> Kaison

[ cursors_dynamic.htm 3K ]

Select a cursor:
Here are all the cursors available using styles - IExplorer Only
Move the mouse down the left column to see the cursor change.
Cursor
Usage
auto Lets the element set its own value for the cursor, for example, an I-beam cursor over a text field.
crosshair Sets the element to a simple crosshair.
default Typically, the arrow cursor.
hand A hand pointer usually used to indicate a link or other interactive region.
move A crossed set of double-headed arrows used to indicate that the element can be moved.
n-resize Arrow pointing north (up) used for resizing.
s-resize Arrow pointing south (down) used for resizing.
n-resize Arrow pointing east (right) used for resizing.
w-resize Arrow pointing west (left) used for resizing.
text The I beam used for indicating text selections.
hourglass Sets the hourglass cursor that indicates an operation is in progress.
help Typically a question mark cursor that indicates that the element may provide some help information.

Fri, 26 Mar 2004 15:58:09 GMT

1. Changing the mouse Cursor to a non-standard cursor

2. change the mouse cursor when the mouse is on an A element

3. How do I change the mouse pointer icon ?

4. How can I change the mouse icon?

5. How to change the mouse cursor Globally

6. Change mouse cursor to from pointer to hand

7. changing mouse pointer(cursor)

8. Change Mouse Cursor???

9. Change the mouse cursor

10. Detecting mouse cursor changes

11. Changing the mouse cursor

12. Changing the mouse cursor in NS6+ browsers