Access denied once the file field is filled
Author Message
 Access denied once the file field is filled

Hallo,

I ahve a form which has one <input type="file"> field and one hidden field.

tags, so it doesn't intude my design. I call the file browse dialog clicking
on link which has this script in onclick event:

function call Browse() {
      document.f.selectFile.click();

Quote:
}

For onchange event I have a function:

function autoSubmit() {
 document.f.submit();

Quote:
}

But, this gives me "Access Denied" error. What's that? I just want to make
non-ugly file upload solution in the language user selects (therefore, must
hide "browse" button) with least count of clicks possible.

Thanks for help,

--
-Pavils Jurjans
Information Technology consultations and solutions

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 22:02:45 GMT
 Access denied once the file field is filled
Too bad, you can't. Don't want anyone uploading my files automatically :)
Joe

Quote:
> Hallo,

> I ahve a form which has one <input type="file"> field and one hidden
field.

> tags, so it doesn't intude my design. I call the file browse dialog
clicking
> on link which has this script in onclick event:

> function call Browse() {
>       document.f.selectFile.click();
> }

> For onchange event I have a function:

> function autoSubmit() {
>  document.f.submit();
> }

> But, this gives me "Access Denied" error. What's that? I just want to make
> non-ugly file upload solution in the language user selects (therefore,
must
> hide "browse" button) with least count of clicks possible.

> Thanks for help,

> --
> -Pavils Jurjans
> Information Technology consultations and solutions
> Phone: (+371) 9459777
> ICQ: 4047612

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 22:27:05 GMT
 Access denied once the file field is filled
Hey, but there is no way to fill the input value with a help of script
anyway, so if anything would be uploaded at all, user would have been going
through the "Choose file" dialog and consciously selected the file to
upload.

Another thing I've noticed here is, there seems to be no good from calling
click() method of <input type="file"> element, since the file what is
selected via this way would be discarded upon submit anyway. So, this method
is somewhat useless.

I don't see logic behind these limitations. I am completely aware of risk
allowing to specify default value for this field, as well as setting its
value via script, and I don't ask for these features. I'd say, if user saw
the "Choose file" dialog open, and he selected there some file, she already
expressed her will to upload this file.

Regards,

-Pavils Jurjans
Information Technology consultations and solutions
Phone: (+371) 9459777
ICQ: 4047612

Quote:
> Too bad, you can't. Don't want anyone uploading my files automatically :)
> Joe

> > Hallo,

> > I ahve a form which has one <input type="file"> field and one hidden
> field.

> > I keep the <input type="file"> wrapped in <div

style="display:none"></div>
Quote:
> > tags, so it doesn't intude my design. I call the file browse dialog
> clicking
> > on link which has this script in onclick event:

> > function call Browse() {
> >       document.f.selectFile.click();
> > }

> > For onchange event I have a function:

> > function autoSubmit() {
> >  document.f.submit();
> > }

> > But, this gives me "Access Denied" error. What's that? I just want to
make
> > non-ugly file upload solution in the language user selects (therefore,
> must
> > hide "browse" button) with least count of clicks possible.

> > Thanks for help,

> > --
> > -Pavils Jurjans
> > Information Technology consultations and solutions
> > Phone: (+371) 9459777
> > ICQ: 4047612

Sat, 23 Apr 2005 00:13:31 GMT

1. I am trying to feed a text field with data from two other fields

2. vbscript passing a Memo field from adodb connection returns Null after reading once

3. Access denied writing XML file from Javascript

4. Access denied when I try to launch an exe file

5. access denied when trying to copy a file

6. access to specified device or file is denied

7. Access denied (JavaScript error) while download a file.

8. type=file access denied

9. "Access denied" when accessing script object

10. SQL Server Field Descriptions and Microsoft Access Field Descriptions

11. FSO.CopyFile is OK, but I am getting 'access is denied' to replace the file

12. Newbie - accessing Text DataType field via VBS file.