Floating user controls
Author Message
 Floating user controls

Quote:
> I need to develop a web page with a top panel and a bottom panel that are
> always visible (for navigation).  If the page has scroll bars, the panels
> must stay visible.  Can I do this without frames?  Is there anything in
.Net
> that would make it doable?  Otherwise, if anyone knows of a 3rd party
> control that will handle it, please let me know.

Hi,

There are various bits of existing code to do this -- try searching the
archives at http://www.*-*-*.com/
(jscript and IE scripting) can point you at some code.

Peter

--

Waiting for the Vengabus? http://www.*-*-*.com/
Please post all questions to the group. Thanks.

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:52:14 GMT
 Floating user controls
Yes, I've looked at many existing techniques.  All of which either use
frames or JavaScript.  There are several problems with using frames, and
JavaScript seems to "jump" too much during scrolling to make it a viable
solution.  Unless there are any JavaScript experts out there that can give
me some hints on how to eliminate or at least cut down on the jumping.

Quote:

> > I need to develop a web page with a top panel and a bottom panel that
are
> > always visible (for navigation).  If the page has scroll bars, the
panels
> > must stay visible.  Can I do this without frames?  Is there anything in
> .Net
> > that would make it doable?  Otherwise, if anyone knows of a 3rd party
> > control that will handle it, please let me know.

> Hi,

> There are various bits of existing code to do this -- try searching the
> archives at http://www.deja.com/ or maybe someone on the added groups
> (jscript and IE scripting) can point you at some code.

> Peter

> --

> Waiting for the Vengabus? http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
> Please post all questions to the group. Thanks.

Tue, 29 Jun 2004 03:27:32 GMT

1. To show floating number in ASP grid control

2. validating user with webbrowser or internet transfer control

3. User Control not shown in Taskbar

4. How to allow Non admin user to control NT Service

5. Handling User Defined Events from ActiveX Controls

6. How to allow non privileged user to control a service w/wsh

7. How to fix a float number to a desired number of floating points...

8. Floating point accelerators for Postscript type laser printers

9. Floating Accents/Diacritics in PostSCript?

10. Floating point error in v3.33 cdeskjet device?

11. float ?

12. Rounding floating point value to 2 decimal places