Submit Form on Carriage Return in a text box
Author Message
 Submit Form on Carriage Return in a text box

Hi,

I have am ASP page with a text box that allows the user to
search names etc.

The user can click on a submit buton to search.

However, I would also like the user to be able to press
carriage return within the textbox in order to subit the
form.

What sort of event do I need to do this?

Thanks,
Clive.

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 16:55:57 GMT
 Submit Form on Carriage Return in a text box
Clive Gargan wrote on 11 Sep 2002 in microsoft.public.scripting.jscript:

Quote:
> I have am ASP page with a text box that allows the user to
> search names etc.

> The user can click on a submit buton to search.

> However, I would also like the user to be able to press
> carriage return within the textbox in order to subit the
> form.

> What sort of event do I need to do this?

No event, this is default html-behavour. Try:

<form action="http://cnn.com">
<input type="text" name="thename">
</form>

And see the querystring after the cnn url in your browser.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 21:06:05 GMT

1. Urgent!!!!!!! Identify carriage return in form submission

2. newbie: strip the carriage returns from a text file

3. Carriage returns in TEXTAREA form fields

4. text retrieved from IFRAME.innerHTML is missing carriage returns

5. Text box text on new page text box

6. Clearing a text box after submitting a from

7. VBScript Newbie : Form Entry using a combo box without submit button

8. problem with submit and amount of text in input boxes

9. Problem returning data from a scroll text box to an Access memo field

10. Submit form based on an A tag - text link

11. creating a text box errors message for empty text box

12. passing variables from a text box to a document.write text box