events
Author Message
 events

i am trying to cancel a mouseup event.
I thought that if i captured the event by defining the document onevent
functions that a event.returnValue= false should work....

but it doesn't

any ideas?

Mon, 16 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 events
onmouseup ( and onkeyup and onclick) are 'non-events', as when the event has
fired, all the work has already been done. So you can't cancel what isn't
there.

Similarly, look at the event.clientX and event.clientY for a click event.

--
Jon Perry

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~perry

Quote:
> i am trying to cancel a mouseup event.
> I thought that if i captured the event by defining the document onevent
> functions that a event.returnValue= false should work....

> but it doesn't

> any ideas?

Mon, 16 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. fire keyboard events form an onclick page event

2. Objects, Events, This - Customizing the onreadystatechange event

3. Call client events from server side events

4. How to Retrieve Events For One Day From An Event Log on Windows 2000/NT

5. Write events to the event log ?

6. onsubmit event causing problems with server control event

7. Which event to use?/List of events

8. ATL COM Component firing events into VBScript event sink

9. Accesing events in Event Viewer logs

10. Retrieve Events For One Day from an Event Log

11. Event ID in Event Logs

12. JScript event handler for ActiveX DLL events within IE