question about new window and parent window event exchange
Author Message
 question about new window and parent window event exchange

I am coding a app that need user authentication. Supposed a user is
navigating in my site(mainWindow). If he has an account, he can click a
hyperlink and a new window pop up (loginWinodw) and ask account and
password. After input account and password, loginWindow validate them and
ask mainWindow to reload the content if validation is successful. My
question is how to let loginWindow to ask mainWindow reload ?

Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:51:36 GMT
 question about new window and parent window event exchange
Hi

window.opener.location.reload(true);

Best Regards
  Vidar Petursson
 ==============================
   Microsoft Internet, Client, SDK MVP
 ==============================
 http://www.icysoft.com
 http://www.dna.is

 ==============================
  No matter where you go there you are
 ==============================

> I am coding a app that need user authentication. Supposed a user is
> navigating in my site(mainWindow). If he has an account, he can click a
> hyperlink and a new window pop up (loginWinodw) and ask account and
> password. After input account and password, loginWindow validate them and
> ask mainWindow to reload the content if validation is successful. My
> question is how to let loginWindow to ask mainWindow reload ?

Thu, 24 Jul 2003 20:30:05 GMT
 question about new window and parent window event exchange
Thanks for the quick reply.

Where to find the complete reference about IE object ? I never see "opener"
object before.

Quote:
> Hi

> window.opener.location.reload(true);

Fri, 25 Jul 2003 07:51:25 GMT
 question about new window and parent window event exchange
DHTML/CSS Documentation
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/default.asp

DHTML Objects
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/objects.asp
DHTML Properties
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/properties....
DHTML Methods
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/methods.asp...
DHTML Events
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/events.asp#...
DHTML Collections
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/collections...
Default Behaviors Reference
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/behaviors/reference/referen...
Command Identifiers
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/commandids.asp
Visual Filters and Transitions Reference
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/filter/reference/reference.asp

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Thanks for the quick reply.

> Where to find the complete reference about IE object ? I never see "opener"
> object before.

> > Hi

> > window.opener.location.reload(true);

Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:22:44 GMT

1. Open new window, update DB, clsoe window and return to Parent

2. How can I center a new window (relative to parent window)

3. Firing events on a parent IE window from a child IE window

4. chid window up window reload on parent window

5. Opening a New Window and then Closing the Parent HELP

6. New Window as Child To Parent

7. Refresh parent window from child window

8. why parent window reloads on window.open() ?

9. Child window refreshing parent window

10. Controlling daughtor window from parent window

11. Child Window can't talk to parent window -- or vice versa

12. help, I can't create an array from child window in parent window