window open without specifying URL
Author Message
 window open without specifying URL

As part of an ASP app, I want to open a window without specifying a URL. In
my JavaScript reference it says of URL
"An optional string that specifies the URL to be displayed in the new
window. If this argument is omitted, or if the empty string is specified,
the new window does not display a document."

So my questxion is, is there a way in client side script to "fill" the
contents of the document, supply HTML that is, without specifying a doc. I
want to do it conditionally in JavaScript. Is this possible?

Thanks

Wed, 16 Feb 2005 03:36:45 GMT
 window open without specifying URL
Hi

Sure its possible

Where myWin is a pointer to yer window..

with(myWin.document)
     {
      open();
      write("hi there");
     close();
    }

More info:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/DH...
erence/dhtmlrefs.asp

Note URL may wrap

--
Best Regards
  Vidar Petursson

 ==============================
  No matter where you go there you are
 ==============================

Quote:
> As part of an ASP app, I want to open a window without specifying a URL.
In
> my JavaScript reference it says of URL
> "An optional string that specifies the URL to be displayed in the new
> window. If this argument is omitted, or if the empty string is specified,
> the new window does not display a document."

> So my questxion is, is there a way in client side script to "fill" the
> contents of the document, supply HTML that is, without specifying a doc. I
> want to do it conditionally in JavaScript. Is this possible?

> Thanks

Wed, 16 Feb 2005 03:46:25 GMT
 window open without specifying URL
I forgot to say thank you. I hope you see this despite the long time lag.

> Hi

> Sure its possible

> Where myWin is a pointer to yer window..

> with(myWin.document)
>      {
>       open();
>       write("hi there");
>      close();
>     }

> More info:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/DH...
Quote:
> erence/dhtmlrefs.asp

> Note URL may wrap

> --
> Best Regards
>   Vidar Petursson
>  ==============================
> Microsoft Internet Client & Controls MVP
>  ==============================
>  http://www.icysoft.com/

>  ==============================
>   No matter where you go there you are
>  ==============================

> > As part of an ASP app, I want to open a window without specifying a URL.
> In
> > my JavaScript reference it says of URL
> > "An optional string that specifies the URL to be displayed in the new
> > window. If this argument is omitted, or if the empty string is
specified,
> > the new window does not display a document."

> > So my questxion is, is there a way in client side script to "fill" the
> > contents of the document, supply HTML that is, without specifying a doc.
> > want to do it conditionally in JavaScript. Is this possible?

> > Thanks

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 00:54:36 GMT

1. Open new window without toolbar and url-line

2. how do I open the current window again without opening a new window

3. Opening a new browser window of a specified size and position

4. Specifying JScript Open() to alwats open new browser.

5. Saving open file and opening new file at a specified time of day

6. Getting data from server without opening a new window

7. Opening a window without tollbars and menus

8. can u resize the browser without using window.open()

9. open.window without a title bar?

10. Open New Browser Window without Toolbar

11. Open the same window without toolbars

12. Open a window without title bar (also called system menu)