How to recognize other file extensions in Interdev
Author Message
 How to recognize other file extensions in Interdev

I intend to shift my current app development from hand coded files which
have been made up of segments of include files and asp files to the Visual
Interdev environment. The include files have *.shtml or *.shtm
extension..But when i edit these files in Interdev i lose all the syntax
highlighting and all the automated functionality of interdev since there are
also server side scripts in those files.

It'd be really great to at least be able to have some syntax highlighting or
the other stuff that the typical asp files get...

PS i apologize if this question is posted out of topic but the other
interdev groups are not in english i think.

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 05:04:12 GMT
 How to recognize other file extensions in Interdev
Right-click, choose 'open-with' and then select the 'HTML editor' and 'Set
as Default'.

You may need to set that HTML files be opened in source mode - look at
Tools, Options, Editor.

Chris Barber.

Quote:
> I intend to shift my current app development from hand coded files which
> have been made up of segments of include files and asp files to the Visual
> Interdev environment. The include files have *.shtml or *.shtm
> extension..But when i edit these files in Interdev i lose all the syntax
> highlighting and all the automated functionality of interdev since there
are
> also server side scripts in those files.

> It'd be really great to at least be able to have some syntax highlighting
or
> the other stuff that the typical asp files get...

> PS i apologize if this question is posted out of topic but the other
> interdev groups are not in english i think.

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 07:44:45 GMT

1. Including PS files in others

2. File opened by others

3. search for files by file extension

4. Search for PST files or any file based on extension

5. File extension problem with vbs files

6. changing file extension for .wsf file

7. Copying Files With Specific File Extension

8. HELP: wmf and bmp files saved by Ghostview can not be recognized by other software

9. System not recognizing .ws files

10. Colours (how to recognize in file)

11. How do I recognize postscript from a file

12. WSH Run does recognizes only short DOS convention file path names