Removing menubar, toolbar, statusbar and location combo from IE 5
Author Message
 Removing menubar, toolbar, statusbar and location combo from IE 5

How can I remove menubar, toolbar, statusbar and location combo from IE 5
when my page is loaded ?

NOTE: This page is the main page of my site (index.html). What I want to do
is: when this page is loaded (no matter which URL is calling it), these
elements automatically disappear from the users browser without having to
load my page in another browser window.

Can anyone help me on this ?

--
Guillermo Guerini
Engenharia de Software

www.micropower.com.br

Fri, 19 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Removing menubar, toolbar, statusbar and location combo from IE 5
Hi

You can't, and its a good thing .

--
Best Regards
   Vidar Petursson

-

Quote:
> How can I remove menubar, toolbar, statusbar and location combo from IE 5
> when my page is loaded ?

> NOTE: This page is the main page of my site (index.html). What I want to
do
> is: when this page is loaded (no matter which URL is calling it), these
> elements automatically disappear from the users browser without having to
> load my page in another browser window.

> Can anyone help me on this ?

> --
> Guillermo Guerini
> Engenharia de Software

> www.micropower.com.br

Fri, 19 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Removing menubar, toolbar, statusbar and location combo from IE 5
I have an idea.
Lets say you have a main page called Default.asp.  In this ASP you define a
function which opens a new window without menubar and all and give the URL
as your actual main page. After opening the new window, it whoud close the
current window.  Call this function from the Onload event.

I hope this would solve your problem.

regards:

Joga Singh

Quote:
> How can I remove menubar, toolbar, statusbar and location combo from IE 5
> when my page is loaded ?

> NOTE: This page is the main page of my site (index.html). What I want to
do
> is: when this page is loaded (no matter which URL is calling it), these
> elements automatically disappear from the users browser without having to
> load my page in another browser window.

> Can anyone help me on this ?

> --
> Guillermo Guerini
> Engenharia de Software

> www.micropower.com.br

Sat, 20 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Removing menubar, toolbar, statusbar and location combo from IE 5
You won't be able to close the first window without user intervention.

Quote:

--
//////////////////O\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
////                             \\\\
>       Guelph, ON, N1H 3G3         <

\     519-766-0901  Ext. 226        /

\\\\                             ////
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\O//////////////////

Sat, 20 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Removing menubar, toolbar, statusbar and location combo from IE 5

2. How to make menubar, toolbar and location off on IE

3. Change menubar, statusbar, toolbar visibility in Internet Explorer

4. Change menubar, statusbar, toolbar visibility in Internet Explorer

5. IE Toolbar and MenuBar

6. IE 5.0 Toolbar Disable/Remove

7. Hiding toolbar/statusbar, etc from vbscript or jscript

8. Hiding the toolbar, statusbar, and URL in IE4 w/ vbscript

9. menubar and toolbar for HTA

10. How to hide Menubar, toolbar, scrollbars using Jscript

11. Dynamically hide menubar,toolbar and locationbar

12. Toolbar, menubar ...