Is it possible to find Client machine RAM size and the Processor using asp
Author Message
 Is it possible to find Client machine RAM size and the Processor using asp

hi,
is it possible to autodetect the client machine's RAM
size and the Microprocessor used using asp.
i have to autodetect these properties of the client machine.

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 17:25:28 GMT
 Is it possible to find Client machine RAM size and the Processor using asp

Quote:

> is it possible to autodetect the client machine's RAM
> size and the Microprocessor used using asp.
> i have to autodetect these properties of the client machine.

Unless those attributes are sent in the Request, then it can't be done with ASP.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/iisr...
k/asp/vbob5ulw.asp

--
Dave Anderson

Unsolicited commercial email will be read at a cost of $500 per message. Use of
this email address implies consent to these terms.

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 00:50:17 GMT
 Is it possible to find Client machine RAM size and the Processor using asp
Since this is personal info, I don't think eveyone want you to get it
without permission. You can write COM object and so on run on the client
get such information and send to you, this need client's permission to run
your component.

If your asp pages are intranet applications and you have sufficient
permission on client machines, take a look at WMI.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Robin

This posting is provided AS IS, with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:39:07 GMT
 Is it possible to find Client machine RAM size and the Processor using asp
In IE you can get processor type using navigator.cpuClass property, but
that wont give you much clue. I get x86 for my pentium 3 machine. What
everyone else said is valid though.

HTH,
- Manish

Tue, 29 Jun 2004 21:38:01 GMT

1. Obtain System RAM and Processor

2. Obtaining RAM and Processor Speeds

3. how to find out the client's windows system font-size (big/ small) - important

4. Using VBScript to find out who is logged onto remote machines/domains

5. Query for Folder List for Client Machines using VbScript

6. Create Textfile onClient machine using ASP

7. Finding Processor speed?

8. Finding The Processor Type

9. The One Page Processor, a PostScript word processor.

10. access LDAP using VBScript/ASP is possible?

11. Using postscript forms and the ram disk with HP LaserJet 8100 N

12. Possible Possible ASP Scripting Enhancements: compilation, queuing, resident programs