After user goes away from page
Author Message
 After user goes away from page

Hello everybody!

Does somebody knows
how can I catch the moment when user closes the browser window or go to
another page?

--
"Thanks for your cooperation"
Terminator 2

Sun, 20 Jul 2003 17:45:40 GMT
 After user goes away from page
onbeforeunload; onunload
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/c-frame.htm?/workshop/author/defau...

Quote:
> Hello everybody!

> Does somebody knows
> how can I catch the moment when user closes the browser window or go to
> another page?

> --
> "Thanks for your cooperation"
> Terminator 2

Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:56:33 GMT
 After user goes away from page

Quote:
> onbeforeunload; onunload

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/c-frame.htm?/workshop/author/defau...

but with onUnload I can not cancel this action, all time the user goes away
and onBeforeUnload works only in IE 5 :((((

Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:07:44 GMT
 After user goes away from page

Quote:

> > onbeforeunload; onunload

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/c-frame.htm?/workshop/author/defau...

> but with onUnload I can not cancel this action, all time the user goes away
> and onBeforeUnload works only in IE 5 :((((

works in IE4+ and possibly NN6 but probably not NN4.x

Even in browsers that support it, you can't cancel the unload from onbeforeunload, only the user can
forcing them back into a new copy of the page in a new window doesn't count and is likely to just
make your site very unpopular...).

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:01:52 GMT

1. Make menubar go away

2. Scripts don't go away...

3. Hourglass won't go away

4. Help! My VBScriping engine has gone away

5. Make black box go away?!?

6. ScriptControl.AddObject("Self",Me) - reference won't go away

7. WSH going away?

8. Change browser when users go to certain URL

9. Preventing Users Going Back

10. .ASP error: Trying to allow user to confirm entry, before go to SQL

11. Going to another page by pressing a button - 2

12. Going to another page by pressing a button