Can browser be customized through JavaScript?
Author Message
 Can browser be customized through JavaScript?

Is there any way that Can I shut off the manu bar and tool bar of the
current browser through JavaScript on my page without opening another
browser instance? That is, I don't want use window.open(), which can open a
new browser instance without manu bar and tool bar.

Thanks,
Wayne

Tue, 26 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Can browser be customized through JavaScript?
Hi

No

--
Best Regards
   Vidar Petursson

-

Quote:
> Is there any way that Can I shut off the manu bar and tool bar of the
> current browser through JavaScript on my page without opening another
> browser instance? That is, I don't want use window.open(), which can open
> new browser instance without manu bar and tool bar.

> Thanks,
> Wayne

Tue, 26 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Can browser be customized through JavaScript?
Signed scripts in Netscape Navigator does the trick but there's noway to
do it i IE with JavaScript (without opening a new window).

In NN (requires signed script):
window.locationbar.visibility = false

You can do the same with the window's objects:
menubar
personalbar
scollbars
statusbar
toolbar

/Adam Killander

Quote:

> Hi

> No

> --
> Best Regards
>    Vidar Petursson
> http://www.icysoft.com

> -

> > Is there any way that Can I shut off the manu bar and tool bar of the
> > current browser through JavaScript on my page without opening another
> > browser instance? That is, I don't want use window.open(), which can open
> > new browser instance without manu bar and tool bar.

> > Thanks,
> > Wayne

Fri, 29 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. scripting customized settings for I.E. 5.5 SP2 browsers question

2. Using customized PPD files to customize Windows printer properties defaults

3. javascript array problem, or am I just stupid!!!

4. I am new to javascript and have a question

5. Detecting if the clients browser supports multiple windows with javascript

6. Javascript to browser to new page

7. Limiting IE Browser Features: Java showDocument, JavaScript window.open, WFC DhWindowInfo

8. cross browser drag and drop using Javascript

9. javascript and onload - 2 browser compatible

10. Browser compatible JavaScript Guide

11. JScript or Javascript object detecting browser release number

12. JavaScript reference for version 3.x browsers