Submitting form in popup window (decorations)
Author Message
 Submitting form in popup window (decorations)

Hi,

Can anyone tell me a better way of doing the following?

I need to submit a form into a popup window, but the popup window needs
to be a set size and position. Its IE5 only.

The current way I do it is when the form is submitted, I popup the
window (using window.open so I get the decorations right) and have the
<form> target set to the new window I just popped up.

It seems a little bit of a hack to me - is there a better way?

Cheers for any help

James

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 12 Jul 2003 22:03:14 GMT
 Submitting form in popup window (decorations)
I doubt it - your solution is exactly the solution I saw in one of the Q&A columns in MSDN Magazine
last year sometime (or it might have been in MIND Magazine back in 99 ;-)...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Hi,

> Can anyone tell me a better way of doing the following?

> I need to submit a form into a popup window, but the popup window needs
> to be a set size and position. Its IE5 only.

> The current way I do it is when the form is submitted, I popup the
> window (using window.open so I get the decorations right) and have the
> <form> target set to the new window I just popped up.

> It seems a little bit of a hack to me - is there a better way?

> Cheers for any help

> James

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:23:47 GMT

1. close popup window after submitting the ASP form

2. On submit, open a popup window

3. FORM AND POPUP WINDOW

4. Submutting a form from a popup window

5. submitting a form within a modal window

6. Submitting form opens new window in IE

7. submit form in child window to parent - IE4 problem

8. submitting a form from another window.

9. Submitting a Form and Opening a New Window

10. Submitting form info into new window

11. Setting window properties from submitting a form

12. Submit form to a different window