Encoding attribute via javascript?
Author Message
 Encoding attribute via javascript?

Is it possible to access the encoding attribute via Javascript?
I like to be able to check which encoding the user has choosen using
"View -> Encoding"

Is it possible via javascript, VBScript...?

--

Webmail Evangelist
Tele Danmark Internet

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thu, 06 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Encoding attribute via javascript?

You would need to access the registry to do it, and IE security forbids that.

--

Mark L. Ferguson    Reply Only in Newsgroup
marfer's notes for OE 5.0 > http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm

Quote:

> Is it possible to access the encoding attribute via Javascript?
> I like to be able to check which encoding the user has choosen using
> "View -> Encoding"

> Is it possible via javascript, vbscript...?

> --

> Webmail Evangelist
> Tele Danmark Internet

> http://gemal.dk/card/

Thu, 06 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Compressed javascripts, DEFER attribute for javascripts

2. install Printer via location attribute in Active Directory?

3. install Printer via location attribute in Active Directory?

4. Embedding JavaScript as HTML Attributes

5. Changing className attributes in Javascript

6. using javascript entities in HTML attributes

7. newbie - JavaScript Expressions as HTML Attribute

8. Trouble accessing attribute of an APPLET tag using JavaScript

9. Accessing alt attribute in JavaScript under NN4.78

10. encoded javascript - VIRUS!

11. Encoding Equivalent to JavaScript "escape()"?

12. Can't change any attributes if compressed attribute set