Refreshing a parent window
Author Message
 Refreshing a parent window

I'm an ASP/VBScript programmer and not really familiar with JScript, I was
really hoping someone could help me out with the following, which i'm sure
is a piece of cake for you guys!!...

We have 2 pages. The first (parent) page loads a new pop-up browser window,
the page in this pop-up window performs an action, then it needs to refresh
it's parent (the first window), and then close itself.

I had this working fine using the code below in testing (when both pages
were located on the same server), but am having problems now that it has
been deployed (the first page is now Intranet-based, the second is now
Web-based).

Please can anyone help??

Many Thanks,

Martin.

The code below is from the second (pop-up) window.

in the <head>......

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
function refreshParent() {
  window.opener.location.href = window.opener.location.href;
  if (window.opener.progressWindow)
    window.opener.progressWindow.close();
  window.close();

Quote:
}

//-->
</script>

inside the opening HTML <body> tag.....

onLoad=""refreshParent()""

Tue, 24 Aug 2004 23:37:32 GMT
 Refreshing a parent window
Cross-Frame Scripting and Security
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/Author/om/xframe_scripting_securit...

Note the discussion of differing domains...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> I'm an ASP/VBScript programmer and not really familiar with JScript, I was
> really hoping someone could help me out with the following, which i'm sure
> is a piece of cake for you guys!!...

> We have 2 pages. The first (parent) page loads a new pop-up browser window,
> the page in this pop-up window performs an action, then it needs to refresh
> it's parent (the first window), and then close itself.

> I had this working fine using the code below in testing (when both pages
> were located on the same server), but am having problems now that it has
> been deployed (the first page is now Intranet-based, the second is now
> Web-based).

> Please can anyone help??

> Many Thanks,

> Martin.

> The code below is from the second (pop-up) window.

> in the <head>......

> <script language="JavaScript">
> <!--
> function refreshParent() {
>   window.opener.location.href = window.opener.location.href;
>   if (window.opener.progressWindow)
>     window.opener.progressWindow.close();
>   window.close();
> }
> //-->
> </script>

> inside the opening HTML <body> tag.....

> onLoad=""refreshParent()""

Wed, 25 Aug 2004 06:21:38 GMT

1. Refreshing a parent window after closing link window

2. Refreshing a parent window

3. Refresh parent window from child window

4. Child window refreshing parent window

5. Refreshing parent window from child window

6. Getting a Child window to Refresh its Parent when its closed

7. can the parent window be refreshed?

8. refreshing parent window via script?

9. refreshing parent window

10. refreshing parent window

11. Refresh Parent Windows without Retry Prompt

12. chid window up window reload on parent window