frames and window.open
Author Message
 frames and window.open

Hi All,

I'm trying to use the following code in a frameset.

onClick=window.open("link.htm",null,"height=768,width=1024,status=yes,toolba
r=yes,menubar=yes,
location=yes,directories=yes,scrollbars=yes,titlebar=yes,top=1,left=1,resiza
ble=yes");
onMouseOver="window.status='Link';return true"
onMouseOut="window.status='';return true">
My Link</font></a>

When I click on the link it brings up a new window (which is good) however
it also changes the frame I clicked the link in to the same page as the new
page that pops up.

Can somebody please tell me how to the frame I click the link in stay
static.

An help greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 frames and window.open
In your "<a href=" call, don't put "link.htm". Just put <A HREF="#" ...> or
<A HREF="javascript:void(0)" ... >. The window or frame you are in will
always evaluate the what you set HREF equal to, so even if you really just
want to open the new window, your current frame will do whatever you put in
href and then also evaluate the onClick, etc.

Hope that helps.

Jeremy

Quote:
> Hi All,

> I'm trying to use the following code in a frameset.

onClick=window.open("link.htm",null,"height=768,width=1024,status=yes,toolba
Quote:
> r=yes,menubar=yes,

location=yes,directories=yes,scrollbars=yes,titlebar=yes,top=1,left=1,resiza
Quote:
> ble=yes");
> onMouseOver="window.status='Link';return true"
> onMouseOut="window.status='';return true">
> My Link</font></a>

> When I click on the link it brings up a new window (which is good) however
> it also changes the frame I clicked the link in to the same page as the
new
> page that pops up.

> Can somebody please tell me how to the frame I click the link in stay
> static.

> An help greatly appreciated.

> Thank you.

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. opening page in the frame of a parent window

2. Can't open URLs in frames in new window

3. Want to open frameset in new window with different page in main frame

4. Response.redirect to target a frame not open new window

5. Targeting window.open() to a particular frame

6. window.open only opens 1 window

7. how do I open the current window again without opening a new window

8. Problem with window opened with window.open method in IE

9. Closing a window that was opened with the window.open method

10. Frame open new frame depending of directory

11. opening a frame with values from another frame

12. Frames - within the frame and new window.