I need help with a couple of scripts...
Author Message
 I need help with a couple of scripts...

Hi, I'm very new to javascript and have gotten stuck with a couple of
scripts.

Here's the first one, it works fine, but I want to put it in a
navigation (side) frame with the URL that has been input opening in a
separate (main) frame.

<FORM>
Type in URL and press go
<BR>
<INPUT name="the_url" type="text" value="http://"  size="20">
<INPUT type="button" value="Go"
onClick="window.location=.the_url.value">
</FORM>

The second one is pretty much the same, but uses back and forward
buttons. I want to place this one in a side frame also, but have
it "read" the history of a "main" frame, and place the results there,
as with the first script.

<FORM>
Back <INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="<<" onClick="history.go(-1)">
Fwd  <INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE=">>" onCLick="history.go(1)">
</FORM>

I hope I explained this well enough, any help at all will be
appreciated. Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 27 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 I need help with a couple of scripts...

parent.frameName.location.href = ...

top.history.go(-1)

Quote:

--

        Martin Honnen
        http://javascript.faqts.com/

Fri, 27 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Couple of newbie questions - Please Help!?

2. need help wtih a security script

3. scripting logic problem, need help

4. Need a help to close a word document using VB script

5. Date validation script needed - Please help!!!

6. NEED Help with Ghost Script 5.01

7. Once again I need help with a simple script :(

8. Need help with script to show a hidden text box if a check box is checked

9. Need help with active x script

10. this script for framset problems needs help

11. I NEED YOUR HELP !!! (Java Script Error)

12. Need Help With Script