height of predefined HTML tags
Author Message
 height of predefined HTML tags

Hi,

I have a question regarding the height of, say, BR tag. My program inserts
that tag, and I can clearly see that it takes up
some space on HTML page. This BR tag does not have any content but it serves
as a placeholder just  to insrert a page break after it.

I need to have BR's precise size (I suspect that there must be some constant
size in pixels), so that my page break after
that tag and actual page break will match as close as possible.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Thank you,

Igor.

Thu, 22 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 height of predefined HTML tags
document.all.tags("BR")[0].offsetHeight

| Hi,
|
| I have a question regarding the height of, say, BR tag. My program inserts
| that tag, and I can clearly see that it takes up
| some space on HTML page. This BR tag does not have any content but it serves
| as a placeholder just  to insrert a page break after it.
|
| I need to have BR's precise size (I suspect that there must be some constant
| size in pixels), so that my page break after
| that tag and actual page break will match as close as possible.
|
| Any suggestions would be very welcome.
|
| Thank you,
|
| Igor.

Fri, 23 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 height of predefined HTML tags
Thank you. It worked.

Quote:
> document.all.tags("BR")[0].offsetHeight

Quote:
> | Hi,
> |
> | I have a question regarding the height of, say, BR tag. My program
inserts
> | that tag, and I can clearly see that it takes up
> | some space on HTML page. This BR tag does not have any content but it
serves
> | as a placeholder just  to insrert a page break after it.
> |
> | I need to have BR's precise size (I suspect that there must be some
constant
> | size in pixels), so that my page break after
> | that tag and actual page break will match as close as possible.
> |
> | Any suggestions would be very welcome.
> |
> | Thank you,
> |
> | Igor.

Fri, 23 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. calculating HEIGHT and WIDTH for IMG tags

2. Document height and frame height

3. VBScript + HTML FORM TAG

4. Need regular expression for HTML tags

5. Using html tag in a textarea

6. I Need to Hide HTML Input Tags.

7. Howto add HTML tags according to checkbox onclick()

8. Removing html tags dynamically

9. dynamicly populated html tags

10. regular expression to remove html tags from string

11. Data type validation of HTML Input Tags

12. Dynamically Adding to HTML's select tag (listbox)