document.all.innerHTML problem
Author Message
 document.all.innerHTML problem

Hi,
I can't use document.all.innerHTML to get all of the contents of one
page!I see many forums had discussed this topic.and they can do this!but
why can't I?
---------------------------------------
see:
if (document.all){
    document.all.innerHTML="new test";
Quote:
}else{

if (document.layers)
{
  document.TestLayer.document.open ();
  document.TestLayer.document.write ("this is only a teset");
  document.TestLayer.document.close ();
Quote:
}
}

-----------------------------
but this shows nothing?why?
my environment is IE5.01.and if this can be run.can it be run on IE4.0?

thanks!

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 16:07:33 GMT
 document.all.innerHTML problem
I presume you want one of:
document.body.innerHTML
document.body.outerHTML
document.getElementsByTagName("html")[0].outerHTML
document.documentElement.outerHTML
Joe

Quote:
> Hi,
> I can't use document.all.innerHTML to get all of the contents of one
> page!I see many forums had discussed this topic.and they can do this!but
> why can't I?
> ---------------------------------------
> see:
> if (document.all){
>     document.all.innerHTML="new test";
> }else{
> if (document.layers)
> {
>   document.TestLayer.document.open ();
>   document.TestLayer.document.write ("this is only a teset");
>   document.TestLayer.document.close ();
> }
> }
> -----------------------------
> but this shows nothing?why?
> my environment is IE5.01.and if this can be run.can it be run on IE4.0?

> thanks!

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 16:50:11 GMT

1. Problem with document.body.innerHTML - Any ideas?

2. problem on get page contens use document.all.innerHTML

3. innerHTML or layer (document.write ) ?????

4. document.innerHTML

5. document.innerHTML

6. innerHTML & document.write

7. Problem for MSIE DOM experts: document methodes: this not equal document

8. Problem: Setting MSIE iframe innerHTML change relative href/src to absolute href/src

9. innerhtml and written JS problems

10. Problem with innerHTML property

11. problem with innerHTML

12. problem faced while set InnerHTML property