How to know if the user has cookies active?
Author Message
 How to know if the user has cookies active?

My webpage uses lots of cookies, so I would like to
persuade users who has cookies off to turn them on.

Thanks in advanced,
Josef.

Sat, 26 Jun 2004 20:39:39 GMT
 How to know if the user has cookies active?

Quote:
> My webpage uses lots of cookies, so I would like to
> persuade users who has cookies off to turn them on.

Whilst certain browsers have direct properties to tell you if cookies are
enabled you'll probably want a more widely-supported method. The method is:
set a cookie, read back the same cookie. Compare your answer with the
original and you know your answer.
--
Andrew Urquhart
____________________

Sat, 26 Jun 2004 21:11:36 GMT

1. Newbie Having trouble with this User Info script, Please help

2. Does anyone know a good alternative to cookies?

3. Detect Cookies/Active Scripting

4. Newby: How can I know when a user logs in/out

5. Let know user about script status

6. Progress or something to let user know script is in progress (WSH, not HTML)

7. (ADSI) How to know which shares are related to which user and vice versa

8. Knowing which user has a file open on a network

9. Get current logged on user on IIS (sorry, know it has been answered before)

10. Get users email-adress from Active Directory on logon

11. Reference for Active Directory User

12. Query Active Directory for User's Home Directory Path