Blank "Alert" box
Author Message
 Blank "Alert" box

Whenever I invoke an alert message box it periodically
does not have any writing in it, not even the "ok"
button.  That's blank as well, but the button image is
there. The only consistent thing that I could find was
when I used the "Enter" key to submit forms.  This
appeared to show the alert message all of the time.  I
currently have an Alp's touch pad instead of a mouse.  Why
are Alert boxes coming up empty?  Is it a communication
issue between the touch pad and browser (script)?

Specs:
Windows ’98
Alp’s Touch Pad
IE version 5.50.4522

Sat, 28 Aug 2004 03:20:35 GMT
 Blank "Alert" box

| Whenever I invoke an alert message box it periodically
| does not have any writing in it, not even the "ok"
| button.  That's blank as well, but the button image is
| there. The only consistent thing that I could find was
| when I used the "Enter" key to submit forms.  This
| appeared to show the alert message all of the time.  I
| currently have an Alp's touch pad instead of a mouse.  Why
| are Alert boxes coming up empty?  Is it a communication
| issue between the touch pad and browser (script)?

Your Windows/IE/something-else installation is probably bogus.
Try upgrading or reinstalling your IE.
(Not that I know how to reinstall IE.)

:: "Ekevu Guepardo" ::
:: Acinonyx jubatus ::
:: Porto Alegre, BR ::

Sat, 28 Aug 2004 09:17:53 GMT

1. text in "alert -boxes" displayed backwards

2. problem using "pbmtolps"--blank lines

3. Replace Blank Space With "+"

4. Blank alert box?

5. "Opener" of a modal dialog box

6. Disable "ENTER" key in text box