sending a date to a VB ActiveX dll
Author Message
 sending a date to a VB ActiveX dll

I have a [server-side] JavaScript page that had an object in it, and it was
slow, so I converted the JavaScript object to a VB object.

But I couldn't find a "good" way to pass a JavaScript "Date()" object to the
compiled VB object.

I thought ".toLocaleString()" might always produce a form that VB could
interpret, but it only worked on my desktop, not on my server [the server
version had words and number, and VB couldn't interpret it].

I ended up sending hours, minutes and seconds as three separate parameters.

Anybody got a better idea?

Am I missing a ".toVT_DATE()" method by some other name on the "Date()"
object?

---WWE

Fri, 23 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 sending a date to a VB ActiveX dll
getVarDate Method
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/jscript/doc/jsmthgetvardate.htm

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> I have a [server-side] JavaScript page that had an object in it, and it
was
> slow, so I converted the JavaScript object to a VB object.

> But I couldn't find a "good" way to pass a JavaScript "Date()" object to
the
> compiled VB object.

> I thought ".toLocaleString()" might always produce a form that VB could
> interpret, but it only worked on my desktop, not on my server [the server
> version had words and number, and VB couldn't interpret it].

> I ended up sending hours, minutes and seconds as three separate
parameters.

> Anybody got a better idea?

> Am I missing a ".toVT_DATE()" method by some other name on the "Date()"
> object?

> ---WWE

Fri, 23 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 sending a date to a VB ActiveX dll

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 sending a date to a VB ActiveX dll
That's it; for some reason something told me that wasn't the answer when I
looked at the list of methods.

Thanks!

---WWE

Quote:
> getVarDate Method
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/jscript/doc/jsmthgetvardate.htm

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> --

> Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup instead.
> --

> > I have a [server-side] JavaScript page that had an object in it, and it
> was
> > slow, so I converted the JavaScript object to a VB object.

> > But I couldn't find a "good" way to pass a JavaScript "Date()" object to
> the
> > compiled VB object.

> > I thought ".toLocaleString()" might always produce a form that VB could
> > interpret, but it only worked on my desktop, not on my server [the
server
> > version had words and number, and VB couldn't interpret it].

> > I ended up sending hours, minutes and seconds as three separate
> parameters.

> > Anybody got a better idea?

> > Am I missing a ".toVT_DATE()" method by some other name on the "Date()"
> > object?

> > ---WWE

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using complex data types from VB ActiveX dlls with server-side scripting

2. Using complex data types from VB ActiveX dlls with server-side scripting

3. Cannot return objects from a VB Activex DLL

4. Installing/Using a server-side VB ActiveX DLL

5. Using complex data types from VB ActiveX dlls with server-side scripting

6. Connect to ActiveX Dll in VB-Script

7. Using WSH to Compile a VB ActiveX dll

8. Building ActiveX controls that will access activex.dll running on PWS

9. VB & DLL impmail.dll for outlook

10. VB & DLL impmail.dll in outlook

11. Converting a Win32_NTLogEvent date to VB date

12. Print via VB-Script ActiveX-Control in VB-Application