Changing the mouse Cursor to a non-standard cursor
Author Message
 Changing the mouse Cursor to a non-standard cursor

How does one change the mouse cursor to a non-standard cursor? I have seen
several web sites do this but I have been unable to replicate it. For
example, a cursor loaded from the web while someone is using the page.

Thanks,

Kirk

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing the mouse Cursor to a non-standard cursor

Quote:

>How does one change the mouse cursor to a non-standard cursor?

With Cascading Style Sheets you can choose one of the following cursors:

auto | crosshair | default | hand | move | e-resize | ne-resize | nw-resize
| n-resize | se-resize | sw-resize | s-resize | w-resize | text | wait |
help

These are "standard" Windows cursors, but not the standard cursor you would
see for a web page.

For example:

will get the Windows hourglass cursor</div>

Peter

--
Peter Torr, Developer / Webmaster, Vantage Systems Australia.

Sun, 05 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing the mouse Cursor to a non-standard cursor
You could try a onmousemove in the body tag, grab the window.event.x or
clientx property (mouse position) and then have a absolute positioned div
graphic placed in that position. I don't know what type of affect this will
have in fighting for top z-index position. It might blink a lot.
Quote:

>How does one change the mouse cursor to a non-standard cursor? I have seen
>several web sites do this but I have been unable to replicate it. For
>example, a cursor loaded from the web while someone is using the page.

>Thanks,

>Kirk

Sun, 05 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing the mouse Cursor to a non-standard cursor

Quote:

>auto | crosshair | default | hand | move | e-resize | ne-resize | nw-resize
>| n-resize | se-resize | sw-resize | s-resize | w-resize | text | wait |
>help

>These are "standard" Windows cursors, but not the standard cursor you would
>see for a web page.

How come the IE specific cursor names aren't the same as the CSS2?

Any comment MS? Future?

CoAthor at WebFX ( webfx.eae.net )

Tue, 07 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. change the mouse cursor when the mouse is on an A element

2. Cursor hourglass change without moving cursor?

3. How to change the mouse cursor Globally

4. Change mouse cursor to from pointer to hand

5. changing mouse pointer(cursor)

6. Change Mouse Cursor???

7. Change the mouse cursor

8. Detecting mouse cursor changes

9. Changing the mouse cursor

10. Changing the mouse cursor in NS6+ browsers

11. changing mouse pointer(cursor)

12. Changing mouse cursor icon