scrollTop Property with SELECT
Author Message
 scrollTop Property with SELECT

Hello,
I'would like to know, if it's possible to get information
about the scrolling state of a selectbox (size>1) via
the "scrollTop" property. I couldn't get it work, even the
msn reference site also mention the SELECT as an object to
which the property applied to.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks a lot :-)
Rudolf

Sat, 28 Aug 2004 04:22:05 GMT
 scrollTop Property with SELECT
I suspect that in the context mentioned it applies to the top of the select
element  relative to the window, and not to the contents of the select.
Selects are "windowed" (?) elements, and not subject to many of the usual
css stuff (eg. z-order).

AFAIK there's no way to determine where a select is scrolled to.

Tim

Quote:
> Hello,
> I'would like to know, if it's possible to get information
> about the scrolling state of a selectbox (size>1) via
> the "scrollTop" property. I couldn't get it work, even the
> msn reference site also mention the SELECT as an object to
> which the property applied to.
> Can anyone help me?
> Thanks a lot :-)
> Rudolf

Sat, 28 Aug 2004 10:51:32 GMT

1. document.body.scrollTop in Netscape

2. IE 6: no support for document.body.scrollTop?

3. Problems reading objects property of Select object

4. select object vs value property in IE3

5. Using the selectedIndex property of <SELECT>

6. Select-multiple properties ?

7. dhtml style properties on <select>

8. Accessing the SELECT elements properties

9. Accessing SELECT element properties

10. Selected Index Properties

11. vb Select * from tableA?How to select record from 1000 to 2500

12. Programatically setting the SELECTED OPTION of a SELECT